Gradian Health Systems plays a role in equipping and training front-line anesthesia and critical care providers, and—as with all times—we are committed to supporting their needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are actively monitoring the situation and are working with ministries of health and local partners to help strengthen the readiness of the health systems in which we work. Our goal is to ensure the providers, customers, trainers, biomedical technicians, and other partners we work with feel safe and supported in the fight against COVID-19. With offices in New York City, Nairobi, and Dar es Salaam, we have the ability to support preparedness and response efforts and activities in a variety of ways.
As we all adjust to new precautions and the evolving pandemic, we want to highlight a few actions we are already taking.
Preparedness and Response: Gradian’s model is grounded in building local capacity, and we will bolster and rely on this local capacity, knowledge, and judgment to manage the situation in accordance with guidance from the WHO, CDC, and the ministries of health in the countries where we operate.
- Expanding ventilation capacity: We are already working with several governments and private organizations to supply the Gradian CCV to increase much-needed ventilation capacity for critical care and emergency transport. Mechanical ventilation has been identified as a critical aspect of managing COVID-19, with the WHO estimating between 5 percent to 10 percent of patients with COVID-19 potentially requiring mechanical ventilation for respiratory support. During this time, Gradian remains committed to providing clinical training and customer support to ensure providers can deliver mechanical ventilation with confidence.
- Supporting existing users and machines with country-specific strategies: Gradian is committed to continued customer service for our users and will rely on local partners and distributors as well as enhanced remote solutions—like more online live and on-demand training options—to continue that support. Given the changing environment around COVID-19, we will adapt and provide solutions based on country-specific needs.
- Making our simulation training labs available: Gradian is working with partners to make our simulation training labs in Tanzania available for any COVID-19 training needs.
Safety: The safety and well-being of everyone who works with or supports our work is always our highest priority.
- Aligning with evidence-based guidance on prevention: We are taking guidance from the WHO, CDC, and the national governments where we work to identify and comply with the best measures to protect our staff, partners, and customers.
- Modifying Gradian travel: We are limiting our travel to COVID-19 response-related needs only, while bolstering our remote support services for our entire community of customers and partners (Gradian is available 24/7 on WhatsApp).
We will modify our approach and next steps as the situation progresses, and we stand committed to supporting healthcare providers on the front line of this pandemic in whichever way we can. Please contact us through email@example.com or WhatsApp at +1 929-400-3796 or +254-794-764-416 if you would like to reach us.
For more information on COVID-19, including protective measures, please visit the WHO website.
More Blog Posts
Gradian’s Response to COVID-19
Gradian Health Systems plays a role in equipping and training front-line anesthesia and critical care providers, and—as with all...
Reflecting on a Transformative 2019
Every minute, somewhere around the world, a surgical patient receives anesthesia care with the Universal Anaesthesia Machine (UAM). One...
Reaching One Million Surgical Patients: What It Means to Gradian
Gradian just reached a major milestone: the UAM has now contributed to more than 1,000,000 safer surgeries worldwide. (Based...