You can use the supplied 5 lead-wire ECG cable with only 3 of its lead-wires or use a generic AAMI type 3 lead-wire cable. This may be helpful if you are trying to economize on electrodes and do not need to monitor any V leads. In order to do this perform the following:
1. Press the Display button to show the main screen if needed.
2. Rotate the navigation knob until the HR area is highlighted by the enclosing white rectangle.
3. Press the knob to bring up the ECG settings screen.
4. Turn knob until the Cable field is selected.
5. Press the knob to highlight the value.
6. Rotate the knob so that the Cable value changes from 5 to 3 to select 3 lead-wires.
7. Press the Display button to go back to the main display.
8. Place the Left (yellow), Right (red) and Foot (green) electrodes as shown in the picture below. The remaining electrodes do not need to be connected to the patient.
NOTE: When using 3 lead-wires, the monitor will only monitor and display leads I, II & III on the main screen. On the 7 ECG screen it will monitor and display leads I, II, III, aVR, aVL, and aVF. However, the monitor will not display the V lead on either screen.
More Blog Posts
Kenya Ministry of Health, Kenya Medical Training College, and Gradian Health Systems Partner to Launch Anesthesia and Critical Care Simulation Lab
The Kenya Ministry of Health, Kenya Medical Training College, and Gradian Health Systems have partnered to launch a state-of-the-art...
Gradian Health Systems, National Innovation Center Nepal, and America Nepal Medical Foundation Establish Critical Care Partnership
Gradian Health Systems, the National Innovation Center Nepal (NIC), and the America Nepal Medical Foundation (ANMF) are proud to...
Delivering Oxygen Concentrators to Support Nepal COVID-19 Response
Gradian Health Systems and the Nick Simons Foundation (NSF) have partnered to deliver 100 oxygen concentrators and other medical...