Gradian Health Systems is looking for a Product Manager (PM) to be responsible for Gradian’s product marketing and new product development. The PM role is central to Gradian’s effort to scope and define new and existing products. The PM will develop the commercial and operational plans around market opportunities and work with Gradian’s Distribution, Marketing, and Service teams to execute the applicable product, program, partner, and customer needs. This role was created to drive strategic adoption of Gradian’s technology in our target markets.
Additionally, the PM will consistently define and measure success to inform decision making. An experienced product manager is an effective communicator and will work hard to overcome potential roadblocks to success. This role is ideal for an individual who has a broad technical, design, and business experience and thrives in a startup environment.
This position will report to Gradian’s Chief Commercial Officer and oversee a Product Marketing Engineer.
- Owning product roadmaps – defining, documenting, prioritizing, and communicating market and customer requirements for launching and scaling a product
- Driving the strategy of new products that will enable Gradian to fulfill its mission
- Defining and implementing product vision and strategy from need identification and market assessment through manufacturing scale up, and ongoing market support
- Working with the Market Management and Distribution teams to best market and sell Gradian’s products
- Working with the Operations and Service teams to build relationships with suppliers, customers, and product stakeholders to support operations around products
- Working with our Engineering team to understand technical issues that could impact the configuration and launch of new products
- Authorizing all publicly-released product documentation
- Advocating vigorous for users in all product engagements
- Synthesizing metrics with qualitative customer feedback in order to improve the product for customers
- 5+ years of medical equipment product management experience
- Track record of launching and scaling successful technology products
- Passion for global health and medical technology
- Strong understanding of equipment use in low-resource settings
- Extensive experience working with engineering and business development teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both developers and senior business leaders
- Comfort with leading multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Relevant undergraduate degree; advanced degree is a strong plus
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Product Manager” in the subject.
About Gradian Health Systems
Gradian Health Systems is a nonprofit medical technology company that works to transform the impact of medical equipment in low-resource hospitals around the world. Operating as a social enterprise, we combine world-class medical devices with hands-on training and local support to unleash human potential in delivering care and improving lives.
Our international network includes in-country distributors, clinical training partners, and technical service teams that enable us to offer ongoing support for our technology and its users. Currently we have a flagship anesthesia product line designed and manufactured by an OEM in the UK and a new ventilator product created by an OEM in the US. Gradian is headquartered in New York with staff in Nairobi and an installed base in 300+ hospitals across 25 countries.