Gradian Health Systems is looking for our first-ever Director of Supply Chain & Logistics. The Director will be the principle architect and have ultimate responsibility for Gradian’s global supply chain for products, accessories and spare parts while also overseeing the logistics of our core business lines of training and customer support. With an expanding portfolio of products and customers, we are looking for a seasoned supply chain professional with international experience who can take on a role that is critical to Gradian’s sustained growth. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role will work closely with Gradian’s operations and distribution teams. This position is based in New York City with occasional international and domestic travel.
- Create Gradian’s first unified global supply chain for its product portfolio and associated accessories and spare parts, establishing global and regional hubs with third party logistics (3PL) partner(s) and our in-country distributors
- Manage relationships with Gradian’s manufacturers and suppliers, negotiating and executing against contracts and service level agreements
- Devise and run Gradian’s global inventory management system, coordinating among manufacturers, 3PLs, Gradian’s service operations center in Nairobi, and local distributors
- Working with local distributors and Gradian’s directors of distribution and operations, continuously evaluate and improve on processes for getting products and spare parts to distributors and, ultimately, to customers
- Optimize logistics planning for Gradian services, including training programs and deployment of service technicians
- Develop analytics to support supply chain process improvement
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies in each of our markets
- At least 5 years of senior global supply chain management experience within international organization(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, higher degree preferred
- English fluency
- Unrestricted ability to work in the US
Experience & Skills
- Demonstrated experience building, implementing and operating global management systems for products and processes, preferably including in low-and middle-income countries
- Familiarity with inventory management systems, Salesforce and Excel
- Impeccable communication skills, with success building and managing teams
- Strong negotiation track record with strategic acumen to constantly pursue arrangements that improve our business operations
- Understanding of relevant regulatory processes and global shipping standards
- Ability to self-direct and thrive in a start-up environment
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Supply Chain & Logistics” in the subject.
About Gradian Health Systems
Gradian Health Systems is a nonprofit medical technology company that works to transform the impact of medical equipment in low-resource hospitals. We equip health providers around the world with the technology, training, and support they need to deliver high-quality care in any setting. Our international network includes local distributors, clinical training partners, and technical service teams that enable us to offer ongoing support for our technology and its users. Gradian is headquartered in New York with staff in Nairobi and operations in 400+ hospitals across 25 countries.