Gradian Health Systems is looking to bring on a Market Strategy Associate to support the management and growth of existing and new markets. We are interested in candidates who have successfully managed distribution operations and relationships with a wide array of stakeholders. This role is based out of New York and you will report to our Director of Distribution while also working closely with members from several other teams across the organization.
- Regularly communicating with our distributors and technicians across various time zones to support their efforts to expand sales and service capacity
- Conducting primary and secondary research on new markets for Gradian; mapping the sector and identifying key stakeholders in these geographies
- Building relationships with potential distributors, end users and other stakeholders in new markets
- Traveling to Gradian’s markets when needed, both for distributor management and business development purposes
- Managing and triaging incoming inquiries and business development leads
- Supporting the team’s data management needs
- Communicating with clinical providers and biomedical technicians in our markets around the world to schedule maintenance and training and gather data on our products and services
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years’ experience in relevant fields (like consulting, business development, or account management)
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Unrestricted ability to work in the US
Experience & Skills
- Resourceful, self-starter who can independently manage multiple projects at once and has a hands-on approach to getting things done
- Willingness to travel to our markets in Africa and Asia a few times a year
- Strong work ethic and openness to evolving responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strongly Preferred: Developing country experience (you don’t necessarily need to have lived in a developing country before, but an understanding of how things work in developing countries is critical)
- Strongly Preferred: Competency in French
- Preferred: Background in healthcare industry and/or social enterprise
- Strong interpersonal skills and a great sense of humor!
How to Apply
If you think you’re a good fit for the role, please email your application to email@example.com, with “Market Strategy Associate” in the subject line.
Gradian Health Systems is a nonprofit medical technology company that works to transform the impact of medical equipment in low-resource hospitals around the world. Operating as a social enterprise, we combine world-class medical devices with hands-on training and local support to unleash human potential in delivering care and improving lives. Our international network includes local distributors, clinical training partners, and technical service teams that enable us to offer ongoing support for our technology and its users. Gradian is headquartered in New York with staff in Nairobi and operations in 300+ hospitals across 25 countries.